The 10 Best Gaming Mouse Under $50 in 2020
Which is The Best Gaming Mouse Under 50?
Gamers have a distinct style of gameplay. They need to invest in a good gaming mouse as a regular mouse might not suffice. Good is a relative term. However, here we shall define a good gaming mouse as one that complements your style and enhances your gameplay. If you are wondering why you should go for a gaming mouse while you already have a regular mouse, know that the experience will be different. A gaming mouse has many features that a regular mouse does not. A gaming mouse has a lower latency. It allows for faster and more precise movements. It allows customization to some extent. Here, we shall be discussing the best gaming mouse under 50.
Factors to Consider
So, you have decided that you want to buy a gaming mouse. But you are not sure how to find the best gaming mouse under 50. There is a wide variety of mice in the market but how to select what works best for you? Each gamer is different and what works for one may not necessarily work for the others. So, here are a few factors to consider while buying a gaming mouse.
1. The grip style
If you are wondering how this affects your usage, some mice support a specific kind of grip more than the others. Let us first understand the various grips used by gamers. The three main types of mouse grips are – palm grip, claw grip, and fingertip grip.
The palm grip is used by the majority of gamers. The palm rests on the body of the mouse while the fingers lie on the buttons. The palm grip is usually used to control the glide precisely. Mostly used while sniping, this is the most comfortable grip of all the three.
Only your fingertips lie on the buttons while the palm rests at the back edge of the mouse. The claw grip is used for clicking and rapid gliding. While it is a stable position for clicking, it may not be as comfortable as the palm grip.
Here, your palm does not come in contact with the mouse at all while the fingertips rest on the buttons. The fingertip grip is used for extremely agile gliding. This kind of grip is not good for accurate, slow gliding.
Depending on the kind of grip that you will be using more, select an appropriate mouse.
2. The style of gameplay
Your style determines what features you should look for in a gaming mouse. FPS gamers will require accurate and quick tracking. The mouse jitter does not matter in MMO games while it is important in FPS. FPS gamers focus mainly on accuracy. FPS and RTS gamers depend a lot on the click speed. MMOs and RTS gamers usually look for additional buttons that can perform alternate functions. Thus, depending on your style of play, you can decide what features to compromise on and what you should emphasize.
3. Wired or wireless
Just like a regular mouse, a gaming mouse can be wired or wireless. Initially, wireless mice were considered to be slow. However, with advancements in technology, companies now have wireless mice that work as fast as the wired ones. Wireless mice are more expensive than wired ones. In wired mice, if the wire is not braided, you may have issues with speed and consistency. Make sure that your mouse has a braided wire and has minimal drag. Also, look for wires that have a good length so that you get to comfortably use it.
4. The type of sensor
A gaming mouse can have either an optical sensor or a laser sensor. Which one should you choose? Frankly, it is up to you. A good percentage of gamers are pro-optic. Some gamers believe optical sensors are better. That is because optical sensors do not exhibit lag like laser sensors. So, optical sensors provide a better gaming experience. Mice with optical sensors tend to be more accurate.
They are relatively inexpensive. The advantage of using a laser mouse is that they are highly sensitive. They can be used on all kinds of surfaces. But they tend to exhibit lag. This could be a problem while playing fast-paced games. Also, a laser can penetrate through the surface it is placed on. This creates unnecessary jitter during slow movements. Thus, also they are more portable; they are not preferred for gaming.
5. DPI and CPI
DPI stands for Dots Per Inch while CPI stands for Counts Per Inch. These are two important facts to look for, in a gaming mouse. For every inch of movement of the mouse, the rate of pixels that will move on the screen is referred to as DPI. Larger the size of your screen, the higher your DPI has to be, for you to recognize the movement of the cursor on the screen. Gaming mice usually come with adjustable DPI options so that you can set it to suit your screen size.
The physical resolution of the camera in the sensor is called CPI.CPI and DPI contribute to mouse sensitivity. Ensure that your mouse has a good range when it comes to sensitivity. Only then will you be able to have smooth gaming experience.
6. The weight
Lastly, the weight of the mouse also determines how comfortable your gaming experience will be. While gamers who flick the mouse around prefer lightweight mice, take care that your mouse is not too light. To cater to the wide variety of gamers and their preferences, some companies also provide additional weights with their mice. Users can use some or all of these weights to obtain their desired weight.
The Ten Mouse You Should Check Out
1. PICTEK Wired Gaming Mouse
- Easy to set up and use
- Has good lighting
- Value for money
- Most of the special features are dependent on software
- Durability could be an issue
This wired gaming mouse for PC/laptop is one of the best gaming mouse under 50. It is equipped with endless cool colors for LED backlight. Let us see what the key features of PICTEK are wired gaming mouse.
- The mouse has 5 adjustable DPI levels. This will help in rapid movement. You will have command over speed and sensitivity
- The backlight can be selected from 5 default colors or you can install the software and personalize the color. There are about 16 million color options to choose from
- The mouse has 7 programmable buttons. Each button can be set to perform a different function. The software needs to be installed. The macro editing function allows you to personalize the function of the buttons according to your needs.
2. VersionTECH Wired Gaming Mouse
- Plug and play device. Therefore easy to use
- No need to install extra drivers/software
- The size is ideal for gaming. Suitable for all hand shapes
- May not be as smooth as some of the pricier mice. You get what you pay for.
This 6 button USB wired gaming mouse will change your gaming experience. The comfort level will only leave you wanting more. Let us check out some of the stand-out features of this gaming mouse.
- The mouse has an ergonomic design. It is designed for right handers. The sides are rubberized. You can use it for long hours without a tinge of fatigue.
- The mouse has withstood the 5 million keystroke test. This affirms the fact that the mouse is durable. You can use it for a long time.
- It is compatible with a wide range of operating systems.
- It has 7 color LED lights to highlight the game atmosphere. If you do not prefer the colors, the lights can be turned off.
3. Redragon M602 Wired Gaming Mouse
- Quite inexpensive considering its features
- The contoured shape fits well in most people’s hands
- The cord is wrapped well and is quite long
- The wheel sticks out from the surface
- The sharp edges may be a cause of concern for fast-paced gamers
Redragon M602 is a high-end gaming mouse. It has a ton of options for customization. Let us check out the cool features of this gaming mouse, which make it one of the best gaming mouse under 50.
- The DPI has a user-adjustable range of 800-7200
- The mouse is fitted with a high-precision sensor that provides the best accuracy.
- With this mouse, you have an edge over your competitors. The micro switches provide great durability and extreme responsiveness
- You can choose from 7 different backlight modes or disable the LED altogether
- It has 7 programmable buttons
- The mouse has an ergonomic shape that ensures comfort while playing. It naturally fits in your hand
- The scroll wheel has anti-skid properties
4. Logitech G600 MMO gaming mouse
- Reliable. Works consistently for years
- Fits your palm well
- The buttons do not perform much when held down
- Supports palm grip more than claw grip
Specifically designed for gamers, the Logitech G600 is one of the most customizable gaming mice. It provides lightning-fast accuracy which is quite important for gamers. Some of the key features of Logitech G600 are discussed below.
- The biggest benefit of this mouse is it is pre-configured. There is no need to install drivers.
- It has 3 primary buttons, 12 thumb buttons and a clickable scroll wheel for customization
- The thumb panel is optimally placed to minimize misclicks and to enable fast action
- The G-shift button can be used to double the number of actions that are performed with each button
- Customizable backlit keys
- All memory profiles are stored onboard. There is no need to install a separate software
- The shape is comfortable even when used for long hours
5. Razer DeathAdder Essential Gaming Mouse
- Extremely comfortable
- The braided cord is an added advantage
- The matte finish provides a good texture and feel
- Users with small hands may find it harder to reach the first button
- The DPI buttons can have a better placement
Razer DeathAdder is known for its quality products. It is one of the most renowned names in the gaming mice world. This mouse is no exception. It lives up to the expectations. Let us explore the key features of this gaming mouse.
- Its sleek and distinct body gives maximum comfort. You will not falter in your long gaming marathons
- It has 5 buttons that are hyperresponsive. Each button can be independently programmed.
- It has grips on the scroll for easy usage
6. Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse
- Great battery life
- Looks great and feels good to use
- The sensor in laser PTE jumps slightly when the mouse is lifted and put down
This high precision mouse from Razer comes with plenty of good features for gamers. What are the benefits of investing in this low-cost gaming mouse? Let us explore the key features.
- Has a high-precision 16,000 DPI optical sensor. The dedicated DPI buttons can be reprogrammed. They provide on the fly sensitivity adjustment.
- The chroma RGB profiles allow customization with endless options.
- The design has been tweaked for more comfort. The sides of the mouse have rubberized grips to avoid fatigue after long hours of use
- The scroll wheel is ridged and rubberized. This enhances accuracy. The small bumps allow controlled scrolling in gaming situations where the stakes are high
- The 7 programmable buttons can be configured to suit your style and convenience
- The battery lasts up to 50 hours per charge when the lighting is disabled.
7. Razer DeathAdder v2 gaming mouse
Product link – https://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathAdder-Gaming-Mouse-Programmable/dp/B082G5SPR5/
This is one of the best-selling gaming peripherals in the US. Let us check out some of the amazing features of Razer DeathAdder v2 gaming mouse.
The sensor works with cutting-edge precision. The Focus+ 20k optical sensor identifies and calibrates itself according to the surface so that you have a consistent lift-off and accuracy
With actuation at a very high speed, there is less possibility of unintended clicks’
At 82g, the mouse is lightweight which supports swiftness and allows your swipes to be more controlled
The mouse has 100% PTFE feet. You can experience slick mouse movement and have a smooth gaming experience
The drag-free cord assures the same performance as a wireless mouse
The 8 programmable buttons can be remapped and assigned complex macro functions
1. Razer Speedflex cables reduce weight and drag
2. The optical mouse switches are much faster than traditional switches
3. The optical sensor allows on the fly sensitivity adjustment
1. The software does not ensure data privacy
2. Logging in to the software is mandatory
8. Logitech G203 Prodigy Wired gaming mouse
- Quick maneuvers give you an edge over your competitors
- 8 times faster than a regular mouse
- Crisp and consistent feel on the buttons
- The best mouse at this price
- May not be suitable for Linux users
- The cable is a tad bit short
The prodigy series of Logitech gaming mice are highly preferred by novice gamers and professionals. This is because of its exceptional performance and additional features that distinguish it from a regular mouse. Let us check out the features of this gaming mouse.
- Has an advanced gaming performance. Fast response ensures that the click is almost instantaneous from hand to screen
- The advanced tensioning on the buttons support smooth clicks, without the need to use force. This also enhances the click feel and ensures consistency and responsiveness.
- The design provides comfort and is known for its versatility and durability
- The DPI sensor is excellent in providing tracking speed, control, and consistency
- Irrespective of your style of play, the mouse aids you to play to your full potential
9. Razer Viper Mini Ultralight gaming mouse
- With the Razer SpeedFlex cable, the drag is minimal
- The optical sensor is well-balanced
- No need to install software
- Ambidextrous design
- Due to its ambidextrous design, there are buttons on both sides which may be accidentally pressed
Razer Viper Mini is an ultra-light, ultra-fast gaming mouse that is popular among gamers. It has plenty of useful features to offer. Let us check out these features one by one.
- It is one of Razer’s lightest mice ever created. You can accomplish a hard-hitting performance with this mouse
- The ultra-light mouse provides effortless control to the user
- Comes with the Razer SpeedFlex cable known for supreme accuracy and speed
- The ambidextrous design makes it suitable for both right-handers and left-handers
- The onboard memory profile eliminates the need for installing software separately
10. VicTsing Wireless Gaming Mouse
- The ergonomic design makes it comfortable for long-time use
- If lighting is used sparingly, the battery can last for up to 12 months
- Saves energy
- Some of the mouse’s programmable functions may not be available for Mac users.
With VicTsing wireless mouse, every gamer can strive to be a winner. It is available at a pocket-friendly price, without compromising on the usual features of a gaming mouse. Listed below are a few good features of the mouse that make it one of the best in the market.
- The mouse has strong compatibility. IT can be used with all versions of Windows. For Mac users, it is available without the side buttons
- One of the most interesting features is the multi-stage power-saving mode. If left unused for 8 minutes, it will automatically switch to sleep mode. This makes it energy efficient. One can then wake up the mouse by pressing any button.
- The clicks are almost noiseless. The smooth clicks will help you focus on the game.
- It has a working distance of up to 10m.
- It offers precise tracking and quick data transmission.
- Delays and interferences are eliminated to the max.
- It is suitable for casual and professional gamers
Now you would have understood the various ways in which a mouse designed specifically for gaming will differ from a regular mouse. To summarize, a gaming mouse may have some or all of the following properties – LED backlight, multiple buttons that can be assigned various functions, smooth feet, rubberized sides, glides smoothly, optical sensors for fast movements, better accuracy, ambidextrous design, etc…
Just like a regular mouse, a gaming mouse may be wired or wireless. While purchasing a wired mouse, look for wires that are braided and have a minimal drag. If you are looking for wireless ones, select those that have good battery life. Some mice require you to install software separately, to customize the controls. Others have their memory profiles on-board. The software offered by certain companies requires you to surrender your data while registering. If you are concerned about this, go for ones that have onboard memory profiles. Finally, feel free to refer to the comprehensive list above, to help decide which is the best gaming mouse under 50.
1. What gaming mice do pro gamers use?
Logitech 502, SteelSeries Sensei, Razer DeathAdder are some of the mice popular among pro gamers
2. How do I choose a gaming mouse?
Check if it supports your style and grip. Decide whether you want to go for a wired or wireless one. Browse through the additional features and go for the product that falls within your budget.
3. Should I get a gaming mousepad?
Yes. Mousepads are important. They help maintain a uniform texture and protect your mouse from scratches.
4. What difference does a gaming mouse make?
The most obvious difference you will notice is the sensitivity. Gaming mice have a much higher sensitivity than a regular mouse. You can also observe how they glide smoothly and have noiseless clicks.